Friday 5 December 2008

Hard Times

In this period of economic difficulty I have decided to try and let my studio and gallery to other artists for a couple of days a week. I have been discussing this with local art groups and hope this will begin in January.

If all goes to plan one of them will be the local artist from whom I bought this work about 6 years ago:

Another group will be making ceramic sculptures. This is an example of the work:


I also have interest from a group that make musical instruments from found objects. I am told that a dustbin lid can be made to sound like a violin!

Although this will obviously restrict the amount of time that I can use the studio, it will be interesting to have a variety of artists working here for part of the week. They will all be teaching small groups. Part of the agreement is that I can watch what goes on and take photographs. So, I am hoping that this all comes off and is very much a success. It could be a new source of inspiration for me and I might just learn something.

4 comments:

among found objects said...

Thanks for dropping into my blog. I also looked around in yours and have to say I like your work and pilosophy. Although I am working currently in boxes, I like to think of these boxes of works that think out of the box. Hope to see more of your work.

Verification word: booze

among found objects said...

Definitely a good point. A photo really helps.

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

LOL

you need to see what I made today
at the league( art students league of nyc) in my studio, an orgy scene with naked nails and a bj, very inspiring.

Judith HeartSong said...

This is a tremendously generous thing... great idea. I want to start some paint alongs where artists can come in and work some side by side to experience the studio and possibly try out some new materials.